Sympathy vs. Empathy

It Services Philadelphia

I am a fixer. When I see or hear a problem, my reaction is to solve the problem and move on from it. To me, all the noise that surrounds the problem is just that, noise. While it’s great being proactive, the problem with simply  “removing the nail” is that there is no opportunity to […]

The Honesty in Truth

recruitment companies it

Recently, I got an email from a friend that I hadn’t seen in a while, and this is what it said: “Dear Vijay, I would like to be able to speak freely to someone that makes me feel safe, shares some of the same values, and who won’t be afraid to provide insight and advice. […]

Listen with Your Eyes

Listen with Your Eyes

A study by Dr. Albert Mehrabian, Professor of Psychology at UCLA, shows that only 7% of all communication is based in the words we say. Of the other 93%, 38% is made up of the tonality we use and the remaining 55% is made up nonverbal ques; body language1. This means that most of what […]

Creating An Impression

Creating An Impression

It’s holiday season. There are lots of holiday parties, meeting people, pressing the flesh; ever wonder how you come across to other people or what you don’t like about particular people you meet? We still judge people by how they look and act. Studies show that it takes seven seconds to make an initial judgement—but […]

Listening vs. Hearing

biggest it consulting firms

“The most basic and powerful way to connect to another person is to listen. Just listen. Perhaps the most important thing we ever give each other is our attention.” —Rachel Naomi Remen Some definitions… Hearing the faculty or sense by which sound is perceived. the act of perceiving sound. Listening to give attention with the […]